1. Basic policy
- The AMITA Group (hereafter, "AMITA") has a social obligation to protect all personal information concerning AMITA customers and clients (hereafter, "Personal Information"), and to secure the trust of AMITA customers and clients (hereafter, "Customers and Clients"). Accordingly, corporate officers and all employees are required to observe all laws and regulations governing the protection of Personal Information etc., and to appropriately handle the Personal Information assets in AMITA's possession.
- The leakage, falsification, loss, and unauthorized use of Personal Information, as well as the disclosure of Personal Information without permission, undermines the trust of Customers and Clients and damages AMITA. Any employee found to have undertaken any such action shall be subject to disciplinary action and, where appropriate, subject to legal proceedings. AMITA hereby reminds all employees to be conscious of the importance and responsibility of handling Personal Information, to observe AMITA's policy on Personal Information protection, and to act in all relevant matters in good faith.
2. Handling of Personal Information
- AMITA appoints an administrator to take charge of Personal Information, and Personal Information is managed appropriately in accordance with AMITA regulations concerning the protection of Personal Information.
- AMITA undertakes the systematic education and training of corporate officers and all employees so as to keep them well informed. AMITA also undertakes regular checks and evaluations to determine the status of observance of this policy. And AMITA reviews, maintains and improves the appropriateness of Personal Information protection measures.
- To preempt the leakage, falsification, loss, or unauthorized use of Personal Information, AMITA strives to secure and improve appropriate information security by taking measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses.
- With regard to the use of Personal Information, AMITA allows such use only within the scope of the purpose of use and only in accordance with a specific business task, with the Personal Information entrusted only to those granted relevant authority, and only to the extent necessary for carrying out business activities.
- No Personal Information that comes to be known in the course of business shall be shared without due cause by any AMITA corporate officer or any AMITA employee with any third party, or in the pursuit of any inappropriate objective. This rule also applies to AMITA employees after they leave the Group.
3. The purpose of use of Personal Information
AMITA uses gathered personal information for the purpose of communicating, offering various forms of information (about products, services, seminars, exhibitions, etc.), preparing questionnaires, and for guiding advertisers of products and services.
When personal information is to be offered for a purpose other than the above, those concerned shall be informed of the purpose beforehand, and Personal Information gathered within the appropriate scope.
4. Joint use of Personal Information
AMITA makes joint use of Personal Information as follows.
Range of joint use
- AMITA HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- AMITA CORPORATION
- AMITA Institute for Sustainable Economies Co., Ltd.
Purpose of joint use
Joint use is made of Personal Information when relevant in the execution of contracts and transactions with Customers and Clients. Joint use is made also for the purpose of communicating, offering various forms of information (about products, services, seminars, exhibitions, etc.), preparing questionnaires, and for the purpose of guiding advertisers of products and services.
Items of information that are jointly used
The items of information used jointly are: an individual's name, date of birth, sex, telephone number, fax number, email address, as well as the individual's company (organization) name, position, executive rank, and corporate services offered.
In charge of joint use
AMITA HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
5. Consigning the handling of personal information
As a form of outsourcing, AMITA may consign the handling of Personal Information to a third party. In that case, an appropriate investigation of the third party shall be undertaken in advance in accordance with set standards, the required contract shall be concluded, and other necessary legal and regulatory steps shall be taken.
6. Disclosing and correcting Personal Information, and handling requests to terminate the use of Personal Information
AMITA makes the matters listed below public on the website of AMITA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. Any request by the relevant individual about disclosure, correction, termination of use, or deletion of Personal Information is handled in good faith.
Form of application
Method and procedure for application
Information about what specific contribution is made to the data held by AMITA Fees charged
Dedicated service desk (fielding inquiries and complaints, etc.)
Information about the request procedure concerning any inquiry, disclosure, correction, termination of use, or deletion of Personal Information
7. Other matters
- This policy concerns the handling of Personal Information by AMITA in Japan.
About handling of "Specific Personal Information" establishing in "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure", I list it by "Specific Personal Information Basic Policy".
- AMITA cannot assume responsibility for the safe gathering of Personal Information by other companies that can be reached via links on the AMITA website.
- Important changes and notices will be reported on the AMITA website.
- In the pursuit of better ways to protect Personal Information, or in accordance with changes in laws and regulations, AMITA may revise the AMITA policy on protecting Personal Information.
October 2015 AMITA Group