Benefits of Certification|MSC/ASC
Acquiring MSC Fishery Certification and ASC Aquaculture Certification has the following advantages for fishers.
- Fishers can win the approval of third parties for sustainable fishery and aquaculture practices.
- Fishers can make marine resources sustainable through their own efforts.
- Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture can be passed down to their children and grandchildren.
- Fishers can enter new markets, including those overseas.
- Certification enhances the brand image of certified fisheries and their catches.
Acquiring MSC COC and ASC COC Certification has the following advantages for businesses.
- They can manage risks associated with raw material procurement.
- They can open new markets and get new customers by distinguishing their products.
- Certification can be considered a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative, and businesses can incorporate environmental and social initiatives into their ordinary business activities (i.e., their main business) without having to undertake special initiatives.
- The MSC ecolabel and ASC logo can help a business present itself as eco-friendly.
- Acquiring highly trusted global certification can help enhance the brand image of the business and its products.
*In English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese or Russian